Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome to Wags for Giggles & Books with Bite!

This blog will posts a variety of things. I am the author of  " A Beautiful husky needs a home", so naturally I will be posting about events involving my book. I must mention that this book is also the official book of Runa's R.A.C.E. Fund (R.R.F.). And portions of the book's sales will go into this fund and also other reputable animal charities. Having said all that, I must also mention that this blog will feature reviews of books about animals, and others that I happen to like and review.
As a board member and founder of the afore mentioned R.R.F. I will also post reviews of pet products, pet health tips, disease warning signs and anything else that may cross my desk that I feel is important to share with pet parents, and book lovers.
You may see many posts of new changes to R.R.F.'s website runasracefund.com and it's Facebook page that holds contests and giveaways. R.R.F.'s website runasracefund.com also post donated pet adoption stories and photos, as new stories are added to the website I will post the additions here. I ahve a few things already to add to this blog, but alas it is in the wee morning hours, and my 11 yr old gets up early for school. So those postings will added VERY SOON. I hope you all come back and share this page that will be full of stories, reviews pet health information, and contests and giveaways!.  

1 comment:

  1. I have returned! I regret to say that I have neglected my blog to devote the last couple of years towards personal improvement, and child rearing.
    I had reached a point in my life where I needed to make a drastic change in many areas. So I decide to go back to school and earn a degree! To learn new skills and make a much needed career change. Not that I did not love my previous career choices, caring for others, and for animals, but health issues and chronic pain forced me into uncharted territory.
    Fast forward a couple years and I am now a college graduate, and looking for a job that will allow me to expand on my newly acquired knowledge in the science of communications. As many can relate, when you enter into a foreign career field, feelings of inadequacy, and self doubt take over.
    But the most important lesson I learned from college was that to face you fears and challenges head on, and try your best, the outcome may surprise you. Especially when the thought and consequences of failing are far worse, than the fears you currently feel.
    I admit than in high school I didn't apply myself, and my GPA showed this fact. Realizing that I could try harder THIS time, and that failing this challenge was NOT an option, more effort and attention was paid to my studies. To keep myself focused on my level of effort, I set what seemed at the time unattainable goals. To end each class with a 90% at least, essentially aiming for straight A's, for an at best B-C student would be taxing mentally, and emotionally. But, like I said I faced my fears and self-doubt and blew my own mind! My second semester I got on the Dean's, then again, and again,I was now and A-B student! Never in my wildest dreams thought it possible. I was achieving my goal, and had to allow myself leniency to NO lower than an 80% in classes that proved extremely difficult.
    My daughter Kira was witness to my own academic struggles and tenacity to goal achievements, and it rubbed off on her. Since second grade she has struggled and through testing we had some discoveries about WHY she had such difficulties. So between helping her with her work, and me having my own academic troubles and stresses, we BOTH became better students. She is now an A-B student, thankfully learning goal setting, and good study habits far earlier than I did!
    She is now a freshman in high school and finding her own rhythm and path for academic interests. I could not be more proud of what she has done.
    So now we fast forward again to present day. Armed with my hard earned Cum Laude GPA, and Bachelors degree in communications, it is time to make that last face-off with my fears. Finding the right job to flex my new brain, and convince myself that I AM smart enough to apply for.
    Let's face it everyone, life would be very boring if we didn't have challenges to scare and excite us. We would remain stagnant human beings if we didn't push the envelope of our own boundaries, and capabilities, and potential.
    My piece of advice, try it, completely apply yourself to the challenge. If you fall have the courage to stand and try again. If you Fail, walk away with a new understanding of yourself. And when you succeed, find the next barrier to shatter, and celebrate the small victories along the way!
    Until next post, Dream the impossible, and make itpart of you new reality :)

    ReplyDelete